A note from the school nurse: As you are aware, this time of year we often see a spike in various illnesses including strep throat, colds, gastrointestinal illnesses and influenza.
To best promote a healthy school environment, we would like to remind you of the following:
- Wash hands frequently and wipe down of surfaces
- Support your child’s immune system by increasing his/her fluid intake and ensuring he/she gets plenty of sleep
- Cover your cough properly (your child will know what that means!) (cough into your elbow)
- If your child has a fever of 100.4 or higher please keep them home.
- If your child has a confirmed case of the Flu or Strep Throat please notify Emily Merritt (x4403), as we track this information for the State (number of cases not individual names)
If you have any questions about this or any other issue regarding school health, please contact Nurse Emily Merritt at 203-353-4371 x 4403