|Each month we’ll be exploring a new country! February – we’re heading to India!|
|For February, the spotlight country is India. |
Here are five fun facts:
– India has the wettest inhabited place in the world (Mawsynram).
– India’s Chenab Bridge is the highest rail bridge in the world.
– India was the first country to mine diamonds.
– Around 70% of the world’s spices come from India.
– India has 22 recognized languages, and the world’s second-largest population of English speakers (behind the U.S.).
The Virtual Cooking Club will be on Friday, February 26th from 5-6pm, hosted by first-grade parent, Nilima Bhargava, who will teach us to make Chicken Tikka Masala and Fruit Cream dessert. This event is open to all Holmes school families. No pre-registration needed (the Zoom link will be sent the day before the event).
The Adults-only International Book Club Zoom will be March 3rd, from 7:30-8:30pm. The book is The Widows Of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey. If you didn’t sign up last month, please email Aparna at firstname.lastname@example.org to join.
Create your own beautiful Rangoli with this month’s downloadable Art Project!
Please click here for more information about the February offerings.
Please share photos of your participation in these events with Sary at email@example.com so they can be shared on Holmes social media.