As you are aware, we are seeing an increase in COVID-19 in and around Darien, please review these links to important information on our District’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you receive positive COVID test results after school hours, please call 203-656-7440 to speak with a nurse.
Health Question of the Week from Director of Nursing, Alicia Casucci: Should I let my children go to a birthday party? What about holiday parties?
This is a difficult question, especially for the COVID weary! Any time we gather with those from outside our home, we are increasing our risk of being exposed to COVID-19. Unfortunately, many traditional birthday celebration and holiday parties can be high-risk for spreading viruses. As you make decisions about what activities you and your children can enjoy, remain vigilant about the mitigation strategies put in place to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, such as:
- Performing frequent hand hygiene.
- Wear a mask whenever you are outside your home, especially when you are with people who you do not live with.
- Maximize your distance from people who you do not live with, indoors or outdoors, 6 feet as feasible, especially when not wearing a mask.
- Avoid high risk activities such as travel, large crowds, gatherings, parties, carpools.
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, especially with a new onset cough, loss of taste or smell, fever,severe sore throat or headache.
- Stay home if you have been exposed to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.